Saturday, May 9, 2009

Full Moon

Last night was the full moon. On the way to the beach, I glanced at the clock and it was 11:11; when I looked again it was 12:12.. Then the resettable odometer and the clock synchronized so that for several miles the time and the mileage were the same: 1:01, 101; 1:02, 102; etc. I'm a freak for that kind of thing!

At Bald Head we are having astronomically high and low tides. In fact, in all the years we've been coming here I've never seen the tide so low on the beach.

The flowers are in full color and so are the animals. And the birds are back at the rookery. We've seen pairs of birds chasing each other all day.

It has been one of the most beautiful days I can remember, and tonight we're headed to the beach to watch the moon rise over the ocean.







2 comments:

Allie said...

What lovely pics Mamie!! Very nice!!

Happy Mothers Day!!

:o)

Gina Eaves said...

My full moon night was very interesting! :-)