Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gotta B**ch

I hate to end the posting drought with a gripe-fest, but I must. Today was horrible. Here's why:

1. It was supposed to be my day off. I had to work.

2. It has rained all day. Cold rain during the morning, steamy rain tonight. I've had to go in and out many times, and had to walk a few blocks in it to meet some people for lunch.

3. Today is my mother-in-law's birthday. When I went to the store to buy her some tiramisu, the bakery lady smashed the top of one piece putting them in the container. When I asked her to get me another one, she didn't even attempt to hide her irritation. So I gave her a good taste of my irritation, letting her know that if it was too much trouble I'd be glad to forgo my purchase.

4. When I went to my mother-in-law's to visit, an old acquaintance of hers called and wanted to catch up on both her news and our news--about twenty minutes worth--and the entire time we're talking my MIL is waving and shaking her head and mouthing, "I don't want to talk to her." Duh. Neither did I.

5. One cat threw up on my dining room rug and the other peed in the entrance hall.

6. Three words: banks, clients, and churches. Don't get me started.

7. I'm feeling decidedly un-prosperous right now. And this just isn't like me.

I came home from work tonight thinking I might skip my darkroom photography class. I went anyway. And although I spent all night on one photograph, I feel very happy with it. And so, to end this decidedly crappy day, here is my first ever posted black and white photograph.



I thank you all for listening.

5 comments:

trisha said...

Hey Girlene,

Let it fly. Crap-o-la is coming out all over the place, must be in the air or the stars or something. I think the angels are using us for target practice.

Not good to keep junk inside and blogging about it is infinitely sane.

Virginia S. Wood, Psy.D., Instructor said...

I like the picture. Good way to end a bad day. Is that a room in your home?

Mamie said...

Trisha, thanks for your words and call tonight.

Va, yes, that is the room that proves that I single-handedly keep my local bookstore in the black!

Lisa Lewis said...

Ahhh, the breezeway of books...

billie said...

Congrats on your first black and white photo posted.

I gave all my darkroom equipment away when I moved back from CA. Sometimes I miss it.