Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Whoa, Universe!

Okay, I've been trying as hard as I can to practice patience with the music director at my church. But this morning, when the cat needed to go out at 4:30 and I had some thinking time, I decided to write him one last time as soon as I got to work today. Just to let him know why I, who doesn't sing, write music or play an instrument, care so much about the music at our church.

I spent quite a while composing it, remembering that my horoscope today said brevity was the best policy and to say what I mean in everything. I didn't want to feel pushy or whiny (he hasn't replied to my last couple of emails), but wanted to tell him of the power of music in my life.

So I'm writing along through phone calls (I hate how business interferes with my ability to conduct pleasure) and after reading it several times and changing a few things, pushed "Send."

And there in my Inbox was an email from him. WHAT? He couldn't have read mine so quickly! But it was a reply to one of my earlier emails saying thanks for the encouragement I had given him.

And once again, I am amazed at how life comes together to bring tears and laughter simultaneously.

2 comments:

billie said...

I love these synchronous moments. For me, it reveals a hint of a bigger pattern I don't always see.

Rising Rainbow said...

Funny how things like that happen sometimes.