Sunday, February 7, 2010

Coindence or Synchronicity?


Today at church, my husband's gospel band played. They play about once a quarter.

Also today we had an unusually high number of visitors. They ran out of hand-outs for them; there were that many. At the 9:00 service, there was one visitor I thought I knew. After the service I walked over to say hello, and realized after talking to him for a minute that he wasn't the person I thought he was, but was an old acquaintance.

It was the first time he had ever come, and he told me this: On the way to church he had been listening to a demo tape of the gospel band. At one time, I handed out quite a few of the CDs, but have no idea how he came to be in possession of one, nor did he. When he walked in the church and saw that the band was playing, he was bowled over.

Now what are the chances that he would have the CD, listen to it on the way to visit a new church, and show up to find that the band that plays once a quarter is the same band he was listening to?

It was a great day at the church. The message was on two of Unity's principles: practice affirmations and denials (denials in the sense of refusing to give in to negative feelings, etc.) and put the principles into practice. The minister touched on the importance of meditation in bridging the gap between our conscious minds and our super-conscious minds. I don't know if "super-conscious" is a psychological term or not, but he used it in the sense of our higher self, our highest potential.

I'm ready to face the week with the strength I gained from what went on today: great music, inspiration, and serendipitous occurrences.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodness, that sounds delightful. I think I could definitely benefit from putting those principles to use in my life. I think we all could.

:o)