Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring

Today, I'm supposed to be doing critiques and revising a story for class, but the Avoidance Principle is strong. I decide to take my camera and walk around the yard and see what spring is up to. First, a sure sign that the winter is over: an election sign and a covered wood pile.

Right above is the jasmine. I can smell it from the door.

I have no idea what this spidery flower is but it's on a tree, and intriguing.

And of course, the azaleas.

We're expecting freezing temperatures later this week, but today everything feels new.

4 comments:

Greta said...

Mamie, I, too, walked around outside and took photos. Of trees beginning to green up, tree bark, rocks, grass, bluets, dogwood, and dandelions.

I saved them in the appropriate file. At least I thought I did. Hopefully they'll magically appear so I can post them.

Thanks for sharing spring in your neck of the woods.

MitMoi said...

Freezing??? Are you serious??? Holy cripes I miss Arizona - and you. I guess I really need to talk a walk (after looking at the map.)

I saw Gina last night. She and Chris kidnapped me. AT EIGHT-THIRTY at night.

I see spring too - the dogwood, Azaleas .. and that evil florescent pollen.

Can't wait to read more of your writing,

Missing Mit

MitMoi said...

*take a walk .. not TALK a walk ..sigh

Allie said...

Hey Mamie! Pretty pics!!

I should have been out and about with my camera this weekend, working on my first week's assignment. Alas, I have spent most of the weekend being a slacker with my butt fused to the recliner.

*sigh*

:o)