Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Developments


Yep, tonight was all about developing my first darkroom black and white photograph. I did it! It is something I photograph in color at least once a week: the view off my deck late in the day. It is not in focus, but there is a magical quality about it that works. The photograph above was taken in color but converted to black and white. It is similar to the one I made tonight - I wanted you to have an idea of the way it looked.

This was a very exciting night for me.

3 comments:

Virginia S. Wood, Psy.D., Instructor said...

Don't know about other readers, but I would like to see before/afters--of your first batch of photoshopped pics and of your mono converts.

FYI, Blogger has templates specifically for photos--you could get like a black background and a wider format so we could see your pictures embiggened, too. . . If this is going to turn into a photography blog, which it appears that it is, you might consider a new template to show off your work.

I'm becoming quite a fan, can you tell? I love your particular vision and especially admire your guts in tackling film photography in this day and age when digital is so much easier.

-Ginny

Mamie said...

VA, Thanks so much for being the first member of my fan club! Your observations are always appreciated. I am, however, a low-brow blogger and don't know how to do the things you are suggesting. I'll work on figuring out, though, because, well, I like to accomodate my, um, fan!

I don't particularly mean for this to be a photography blog, but I like to post a photo each time, making it seem like a photography blog I suppose.

Thanks again for stopping by on a regular basis. I still need to go to the link you sent the other day on FB.

trisha said...

Favorite new word: embiggened.

A bone: Virginia may be the first member of the Mamie Fan Club BUT I am the president. (How quickly they forget...)