Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Harvest

Tonight was my first black and white photography class. There were two people there before me, both very young and experienced photographers. My gut said, "Run as fast as you can - you don't know squat and you haven't understood a thing in the other class and you're going to look very stupid." I stayed. And this incredible teacher explained things so that it is all starting to come together. I feel excited and very proud of myself for sticking it out. I can do it!



I just about stroked out this afternoon while exercising. I was doing some inverted and fairly complicated yoga poses (after jumping rope and using the treadmill). I think I'd better take it a little s-l-o-w-e-r.



Here's a photograph I shot from my deck last night. Although I was mad at a neighbor who took out a lot of very large trees a few weeks ago, I'm beginning to like the more open view and increased sunshine.



And lastly, this is what I saw when I walked in tonight:


The tomatoes are in!

No comments: