Friday, July 31, 2009

A Winner!

This is the first photograph I ever uploaded to my blog:



Yesterday, at my last landscape photography class, we had a contest. It was judged by the community center staff and our teacher. There were some beautiful images of plants and animals. My personal favorite was a baby squirrel standing by a blue flower. But in the end, I took first place! It felt great.

I took this picture with a Nikon N75 film camera. We were anchored on a buoy in Banks Channel at Wrightsville Beach. When I got the photo back, I was very, very surprised and delighted at how it turned out. It is probably my all time favorite photograph that I have taken. I'm glad it's a winner!

7 comments:

Virginia S. Wood, Psy.D., Instructor said...

Congrats! Very nice work.

Gina Eaves said...

Mamie - this is breathtaking!!! Gorgeous!!! I'm just catching up on blog posts - I was housesitting for some friends who are only privy to dial-up due to their location. How are you?!

kenju said...

Really beautiful! Congratulations on the win.

trisha said...

Way to go! Yessireebob, you can do it.

Greta said...

Congratulations, Mamie! It's breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mamie! Congrats on placing first in the contest!! In my personal opinion, all of your photos are beautiful and captivating. You have quite a talent in photography!!

:o)

Mamie said...

Allie - I've been thinking about you lately. Hope you are doing well. Email me sometime!