Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Weddings



This is a photo from my aunt's wedding around 1958 or 1959. I am the child on the right. My aunt was only thirteen years older than I was, and her boyfriend/husband used to tell me how beautiful I was and that he was going to wait until I grew up and marry me. When I heard they were getting married I was very, very upset.

The only thing I really remember about the wedding is that my sister (on the left) hid under my aunt's dress when the photographer was trying to take the wedding photos. I'm not sure if I really remember it or know it because it's family lore.

My brother is in the photo and my grandfather is the adult. I figure he was about the same age as I am now.

5 comments:

Elisa said...

Mamie, an off-the-subject comment: do you have any photos of coins in a fountain? I'm looking for cover art for my second novel.

Please email me at elisa@elisalorello.com and I'll fill you in on more detail.

Thanks so much! :)

Mamie said...

No, I don't think I do, but I'll try to take one for you.

Gina Eaves said...

I love this!!! What a great pic!!!

Mamie said...

Gina, I'm pulling for you in your Austerity Plan for the week. you CAN DO IT! Come to town, would ya? I mean when you get paid....

trisha said...

Adorable you.