Saturday, September 26, 2009

Plans



Last night my plan for today was to go to the Nasher in Durham and see the photography exhibit, then go to Through This Lens and talk to the owner and look around. Instead this is what I did:

Three loads of laundry
Grocery shopping (x2 because I forgot some things the first time)
Went to see a friend whose husband died a month ago.
Cooked soup for my dad and another friend.
Cooked five pounds of shrimp (some for the soup and some for dinner).
Assembled 80 cards for my aunt and my sister-in-law.
Had a lengthy and somewhat contentious discussion with my husband about the division of chores at our house.

The discussion ended in a stalemate. But the rest of the day was productive. This kind of busyness brings a real sense of accomplishment, and a feeling of doing good for others. Not what I planned, but I know I'm going to make some people very happy tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel really unproductive about my day. There's always tomorrow. You take the day off, maybe I'll catch up that way.

Angie