Thursday, January 10, 2008

Catch!


On the church board (and in other places) I have a bit of a reputation as a person who likes to think things up but doesn't like to see them through. Set things in motion and walk away. Get people talking about something and then move on mentally to the next thing.

Some people who hang around with me might not like this. They could possibly think I'm lazy or unmotivated or unable to follow through with things. But personally, I think that I'm a great kind of person to have around. I keep things lively.

We cannot all be thinker-uppers. Which is good because if you're a thinker-upper, you have to have carry-outers and ponder-longers to sort out the snags and glitches.

It takes alot of will power not to be a thinker-upper who is also a pusher-picker, always checking to see if things have been done the way I thought them up. And this is where I really gain self-control, something I'm short on - I have to hold back from being bossy and controlling and just let others execute the plans the way they see fit. Ideas are often very changed from my first thoughts, but usually they are better and finer than if I had done them myself.

Are you a thinker-upper or a follow-througher? It takes all of us to get things done.

4 comments:

MitMoi said...

'Thinker-upper, control freak, high-critical, procrastinator' checking in! :)

Mamie said...

Two for our side.

Getting excited about Tuesday....

Gina Eaves said...

I'm definitely a 'thinker-upper' who doesn't always see things through!

Mamie said...

guess all the follow-throughers are too busy to read blogs....