Sunday, January 20, 2008

Homework

Today was the beginning of doing homework for my writing class and to tell you the truth, I was nervous. I wasn't sure I could come up with anything to write about. I was afraid that even if I came up with something, I wouldn't be able to write anything good. One of my daily readings from Tut.com said this:

"Evolution of a Dream

Dream is implanted into brain.

Dreamer becomes thrilled.

Dreamer becomes terrified.

If no action is taken, terrifying thoughts grow into flesh-eating monsters. Dream is considered unrealistic.

If action is taken, terrifying thoughts are revealed to be paper tigers. Confidence soars, miracles unfold, and dreamer begins to saunter.

Either way, Mamie, nothing remains the same."

And that's how I felt through the process: I was anxious to write, I was scared to write, it seemed crazy to think I could write anything worth reading. But I wrote anyway. And I am feeling kind of excited about sharing it with my class.

Experience (i.e. last semester) has taught me that what I wrote today isn't perfect. I'm going to have to work really hard to get it right. But that's okay. I've got a little confidence, and I swaggered up to dinner.

2 comments:

trisha said...

Dream: ditto
Thrill: ditto
Terror: ditto
Flesh-eating monsters: ditto
Action: ditto
Confidence: ditto

Love you!

Mamie said...

Glad to know I'm in such good company....