Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thematic Photography: Grounded



Interesting that this is a daily reading for me today, as we explore the theme of Grounded. As always, I am challenged by the various ways I can interpret the theme. I have been giving thought to people that I consider grounded, and now this idea that we are grounded in our living places.

"Our home life is a large, wondrous, and centering part of our lives, and creating a haven to retreat to means that we have a safe place to collect our thoughts and recuperate from the busy-ness of the outside world. When we make a space that is secure and grounded, we call that type of energy into the rest of our lives. Settling down doesn’t mean shutting ourselves off from the rest of the world; instead it is a way in which we allow ourselves a means to be rooted in a protected and healing place that we can call our own. By developing a space that makes you feel grounded today, you will always have a retreat."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bug on the rocks,
This is a surprise.
The bug sort of stinks,
And it's surrounded with flies.
As it starts to ooze,
Mother Nature sings the blues, with a glass of wiiiiiiiine.

Mamie said...

Is this original, Allie? I hate to disappoint you, but if you are referring to my photo, you will have to change the first and third lines. It is a crab!!! Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

LOL I'm so sorry for getting this one wrong. I'm also sorry for making a song about it to tune of "Love On The Rocks" by Mr Neil Diamond. My mind works in mysterious ways. I didn't mean to demean or downplay your beautiful picture. I just had a weird moment. I'm sorry!

Mamie said...

Allie, absolutely no offense taken. It's hard to distinguish between offended and informative and humorous in writing, hmmm? Again, I always appreciate you coming by to look.