Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thematic Photography: Transparent

Yesterday I turned in a foot high stack of tax documents to the accountant and my dad had a successful visit to the hospital. Today I went to my last board meeting of a three-year tenure. I'm ready to join the land of the living, starting with Carmi's Transparent Theme.

I love reflections so transparent windows give you a good view of what's behind and in front of them. Looking in is fun too!








I'm sure I can find some more...stay tuned.

6 comments:

Glennis said...

Very nice!! I like taking photos through glass. This is going to be a fun theme to play with.

Mojo said...

Nice take on the theme! I've got my second installment up already since I'm heading for Greensboro right after work and won't be around to link it up.

Anonymous said...

Dude...Mamie...I am DIGGING the photo of the "mannequin" heads and wigs. The look on the lined up faces...almost as if they are excrutiatingly bored, breathing stale air, filled with desperation to escape, and let their hair flow in the cool breezes of the wild outdoors!!

Mamie said...

Well, Allie, they WERE in Asheville, trapped in a store downtown while the rest of us were walking around on a sunny day, going to Malaprops, enjoying the mountains. How else can a poor mannequin look??

Pamela said...

you really went transparent crazy --!!!

I, too, am especially fond of the wig shot... I keep looking at it again.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Great shots! I love that view through the 2nd one, so beautiful :)