Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What I accomplished today...I think

Today was my day off. Job one? To write a story for class next week. Unfortunately I was like a maniac on speed. I could not settle down to write. I would sit for a minute, then do laundry.

Another few minutes and I was up taking a picture of my neighbor's back yard. I plan to send it to him as a postcard with a nasty note on the back.

I spent about thirty minutes looking for a manual that went with a leader's guide that I found in a box at my office. I thought I could do a good retreat with my friends. If I had found it I could have.

I spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about food (see yesterday's post) and the boat (it was sixty degrees and beautiful). I called Whole Foods to find out the ingredients in their vegan almond cookies so I could figure out how many points I would use if I ate one. Seven. Out of twenty-one for the day.

I sent emails about my husband's upcoming gig.

I cursed the aphids on my orchids and tried to spray them to death (the aphids, not the orchids.)

I talked to all three sisters, two daughters, my husband about ten times, the HVAC guy because the heat isn't working, and a couple of friends.

It was 9:00 p.m. Where did the day go? But I didn't have time to think about it because American Idol was coming on and I had to watch until the bitter end when that cute Alexis got voted off. I cried. But at least she can go home to her daughter.

And now, it's bedtime. I got a lot done, but job one is still pending.

3 comments:

kenju said...

Wasn't Alexis adorable? I hated to see her go, but so many of the rest are really good.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mamie!!

I, too, was shocked when Alexis was booted off. I thought Michael would be the one to go. I just don't understand it.

I totally agree with Kenju. This season's group is really good. I have a few favs, which include Adam. The dude has some major pipes!!! He could, as Paula says, sing the phone book.

Anyways, next week theme is Motown. We'll see how that goes!

:o)

Gina Eaves said...

Mamie, I'm catching up on your last few posts - do NOT at all fret over your weight!!! You are beautiful! If you are trying to live a more healthy life, that's one thing...but you don't need to change on the account of some girl from your husband's school days.

He's a lucky man!